How to install pool tiles?
1. Tools you will need:
Leveling mortar compound
Crack suppression film
Steps you should know:
1) Drain the pool to below the bottom line of where the pool tiles will be.
2) Use the wire brush to clean the entire space that will have tile, to remove the dirt and debris.
3) According to the package direction, apply the leveling mortar compound, on areas that are not level, and allow to dry.
4) Place the crack suppression film on entire area with a trowel, or buy the peel-n-stick sheets.
5) Try some new Bluwhale mosaic tile pattern you like, and place tiles on the table.
6) Apply a layer of thinset that is just thinner than the thickness
of the tile with a notched trowel. Only apply what you can tile in 10 to
7) Using the flat edge of the trowel, butter the backside of tiles with a thin layer of thinset. For applying clear tiles, just smooth the grooves in the thinset so that the grooves will not show.
8) Use a rubber mallet to place the tile and tap lightly into the space. Place the tile spacers and continue adding tiles until you have covered the area full of thinset. Then remove any thinset that has been displaced from setting the tile with a sponge.
9) Repeat in small sections until all Bluwhale tiles are set in the thinset. Allow 24 hours for the thinset to dry, then you can remove the tile spacers.
10) Mix small acounts of grout to a consistent condition, and apply the grout to the tile with a grout float. Press the grout into the gaps by moving grout over the tiles in all directions.
11) Continue until all tiles have grout.
12) Wash the tiles with a sponge and water to remove the excess grout
from the tiles. Repeat until all the extra grout is gone. Change the
water frequently to speed the process. Allow the grout to set for 24 hours.
13) Wash the tiles with a mixture of water and a mild detergent to remove any haze left from the grout.